Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Latter-day Voices

Hello friends! It has been a long long while since I have posted on here!! I apologize :(. 
     Life has just been crazy busy but super super fun!!

I am now in my fourth semester at Utah State and I am studying mathematics.  I am also doing some Computer Science courses and I am really enjoying those.  It takes all of my favorite parts of math and compiles it in a way that allows a computer to do it.  And I get to tell the computer how to do it!

At the start of this year, I auditioned for Latter-day Voices, an audition  choir at the Logan LDS Institute of Religion.  I had heard them sing before and I wanted to be a part of it.  They were singing and bearing testimony of the gospel together. 
     I was scared out of my skull to audition but I got up the courage and did it.  And I am so glad that I did.  This choir has changed my life in so many ways.  It was the best decision I have ever made.

Latter-day Voices is a missionary choir that strives to accomplish the 4-fold mission of the Church:
(1) Perfect the Saints,
(2) Gather Israel through missionary work,
(3) Care for the poor and needy, and
(4) Enable the salvation of the dead by building temples and performing vicarious ordinances.
This is a group that will be changed by each other, and that will change the world around them for the better.
Once a Latter-day Voice, always a Latter-day Voice.
 
 
This pretty much describes our choir.  It is amazing.  It is so hard to describe in words what it is like.  I come out each day feeling uplifted and happy and wanting to be a better disciple of Christ. 
 
The theme scripture for the Institute this year is in the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi 5:13:
Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.
 
This scripture goes so well with our mission in LDV.  We are disciples and ambassadors of Christ and we are going around and bearing testimony to all that He lives.  Our message is one of joy, peace, happiness and love.   The gospel of Jesus Christ brings me these feelings at any moment in my life.  I never have to feel alone.  I always have confidence in my life and purpose because I know that I can ask for help with anything. 
 
Since moving away and coming up to college and especially being in LDV, I am realizing more and more how much I love this gospel.  I want to be steadfast and devoted to it all of my life.  I KNOW it is true. 
 
 
 


1 comment: