Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day of Connections!

Hey so after I posted that last blog post, my cousin Ty came over and we talked and hung out in my room for a while. It was great to see him up here in Logan. I hadn't seen him since he came home from his mission. So that was fun :)

Wednesday - my first day of Connections (my freshman orientation class)
We first got together with all the Connections students and had a welcome from the president of USU. Then we split into our classes and we got to know each other through song. I picked a song to share that I thought explained my feelings towards college really well. I picked "The Time of My Life" by David Cook. I am wanting to do a blog post specifically on why I picked that later. Then we learned about campus policies and procedures. So far, the morning was kind of boring. But it was only the first day soThen we went to lunch and I ate with Maddie and Lillie :) I love being with them. We have become such good friends and it has only been 2 days!

After lunch, we got back together with our class and then split up for a campus scavenger hunt. It was long and hot and included lots of walking :( but i learned a lot about the campus and met some new friends :) Then we went to a speaker about sustainability (how we can help USU go green) then we were done with class for the day.

I came back home and just chilled for a while, talked with Maddie about our movies and music and shared some laughs as well. :P I really want to get pictures posted of my roommates and I. we are great together. :) Then we went to dinner, just the three of us again, and then went to go to an outdoor dance they were having. The dance was kind of lame unfortunately so I just sat in the grass for a while and looked at the beautiful sky. Then Maddie came over and we talked for a good while about stuff and I am so happy we are getting closer. I love her to death already! Then we came home and now we are going to bed before Connections tomorrow! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment