Being up at college is something completely new for me. So many changes, something new everyday, so many people around you; it can be pretty overwhelming sometimes. There are many times when I feel unsure about what I am doing and what is going on around me. This has been the perfect opportunity for me to find my rock and constant support during these ever changing times. I have found that rock to be my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Since being up here in Logan for school, I have learned the truth of things for myself that I would not have known any other way. There are a wider range of standards here than from my hometown so being around people with different backgrounds and beliefs has been a new experience. All I can say is that I am thankful that I was brought up in my childhood and youth in the ways of the Savior. Building on that foundation step by step all through those years has made such a huge difference now that I am on my own. And I can use this foundation to be an example to other people around me. I know that it is a strong foundation, centered on Christ, and I know that I can rely on that in times of need because it is strong. Satan tries to throw things at you from every direction and without that foundation, you cannot hold up against it all.
As I said, there are many times when I feel flustered or unsure about what to do or what to think, etc. But then I think about my Savior and my Heavenly Father and the love they have for me and my testimony of true gospel principles and I feel at peace and I feel motivated to keep on going. Even though I am unsure of where the path will take me, as long as I have faith and follow what Heavenly Father wants me to do, He will guide and direct me to where I need to go and I can feel peace and happiness in all the confusion around us.
I am so happy I have this gospel and knowledge of its truths to guide and help me here at college. I would not be able to do all of this on my own. I know I have my elder brother's and Heavenly Father's help all along the way. They love us so much and want to help us whenever they can. Just follow them and they will help. I also know that they know us and are watching us and putting things in our path that will benefit us, even if we don't notice it. Heavenly Father blesses us in so many ways.
I also know that it is so important for us to build that foundation and testimony all during our youth. It is so important and we can rely on that everyday. I would be in a heap of trouble if I didn't have that. Lastly, I feel so happy up here. Everyday, I find myself smiling at a lot of things. That happiness, joy and peace I feel is given to me from my Heavenly Father and my elder brother, Jesus Christ. Build that foundation! Make it strong! It has been the greatest blessing. I love being part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that this gospel is true and we can receive happiness and joy from it everyday of our lives. I love life because of it. I know our Savior is mindful of us and wants to help us in anyway He can. I know that we are blessed because of our righteous efforts day by day. I feel support and comfort in this gospel every day.
I'd like to end with one of my favorite scriptures from the Book of Mormon:
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." - Helaman 5:12
You are SO amazing Erica! I am so PROUD of you! Thanks for being an inspiration to your OLD Aunt.
ReplyDelete