Hello friends! Guess what?? A post has finally arrived! For this post, I decided to talk about the academic side of college. I am enrolled in 13 credits right now. I am enrolled in Calculus II, Psychology, Humanities and Yoga. Along with Book of Mormon and Institute Choir. :)
My all time favorite class right now is Institute Choir. This is a non-audition choir at the Institute and we practice together twice a week and perform at firesides and other gatherings about once a month. I haven't sung in a choir since middle school so it feels so good to sing again. But what makes it even better is that we are singing praises to our Heavenly Father and everyday I feel the Spirit. I definitely will be taking it every semester while I am up here.
Currently my major is declared as Mathematics. I know you are probably thinking, "Wow she is a complete math nerd," and yes I am. :) I absolutely love it! I feel so much satisfaction and joy when I am finding a derivative or integral or coming up with a Taylor series for a function. I do know that there are a lot of jobs out there for mathematicians and most of them are well-paying jobs too. I am not sure exactly what I would do with my math degree but I know I will have options to choose from.
I am also a Music Minor. As most of you know, I love music. I have been playing the piano since first grade and have learned to love the piano and music more and more as the years have gone on. I don't see myself doing something musical with my job in the future but I wanted to continue learning about something that I love so I declared it as my minor.
I know I just told that I am currently a math major but the thing is, I am also debating between another major as well. But hey it is college and it is only my first semester. I am bound to change my major at least once. I have always had an interest in Plant Science. I just think it would be so much fun to work with plants in a greenhouse and do research and learn more about them and how we can better improve our planting techniques. I could totally see myself doing that as well!
Anyways, now there is a little bit more info about what is going on up here at Utah State and I am planning on posting more soon! Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment